The Renewal Fellowship Within The Presbyterian Church In Canada is seeking an Executive Director to engage, encourage, and equip pastors and congregations across The Presbyterian Church in Canada, through a pastoral, preaching, and prayerful presence, and to be a voice for hope and renewal within The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
Mission and Vision Statement of The Renewal Fellowship Within The Presbyterian Church In Canada:
- Our vision, passion, and hope is to experience God's renewal of our lives, our congregations, our courts, our theological schools, and every place where Canadian Presbyterians gather. Our mission is to bring Canadian Presbyterians together for prayer, learning, discussion, and mutual support in groups small and large and to create environments where God's people can hear the call for renewal and respond together.
Ministry Position: Executive Director
Scope of Position:
- Part-time position (16-20 hours per week).
- Stipend/allowances based on guidelines set out by The Presbyterian Church in Canada which will be reviewed annually by The Renewal Fellowship Board and approved at the Annual General Meeting.
Qualifications for Position:
- Called by God.
- A person of character who trusts in the sovereign grace of the triune God.
- Minister of Word and Sacrament in good standing with The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- Agreement with the basic doctrinal statements and standards of The Presbyterian Church in Canada including the Leading with Care Policy of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- Good administrative, oral, and written skills.
- Can provide a current Canadian Police Information Check (CPIC) for working with children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
Pastoral Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote The Renewal Fellowship's mission and vision.
- To engage, encourage, and equip pastors and congregations across The Presbyterian Church in Canada, through a pastoral, preaching, and prayerful presence.
- To connect, communicate, and care for the Canada-wide constituency of The Renewal Fellowship.
- To be a presence at and participate in the courts of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
- To be an energetic and prophetic voice of hope for renewal within The Presbyterian Church in Canada and to stimulate conversation about renewal across the denomination.
- To establish and build relationships with others in a trustworthy, temperate, and timely manner.
- To locate and journey with ministers, church workers, and congregations who feel isolated and discouraged.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- To work in partnership with the Board, the Administrative Assistant, and volunteers to facilitate the mission and the vision of Renewal Fellowship.
- To oversee Renewal Fellowship communication through print, social media, and other means with input from the Board.
- To consult with the Board and Renewal Fellowship treasurer to help create the annual budget.
- To attend Board meetings and provide ministry reports to the Board and to the membership (Annual General Meeting).
- To encourage congregational and individual memberships and stewardship through various methods.
Applications will be accepted until Feb. 28,2017. Forward to Rev. Ian McWhinnie <firstname.lastname@example.org>