Our Doctrinal Basis
We are in full agreement with the faith confessed by The Presbyterian Church in Canada in the subordinate standards of the Westminster Confession of Faith as adopted in 1875 and 1889, and in the Declaration Concerning Church and Nation of 1954, Living Faith, as well as with the standards and subscription for membership and leadership within The Presbyterian Church in Canada. In reaffirming these convictions, we wish to underline the following emphases of our biblical, evangelical and reformed faith:
- The unity of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church with is the Body of Christ and to which all believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.