We are fervently praying for:
- the Lord to renew his church for authentic witness and consistent obedience.
- fresh power and authority for the local congregation through the breath of God in our structures and organizations.
- responsible participation in the courts of the church.
- a deep hunger for the teaching of the Bible and its authority.
- a recall to lives of biblical purity, especially on the part of those entrusted with leadership of the people of God.
- a zeal for reaching, through the instrumentality of a national church with a rich heritage, those lost without God and without hope in the world.
- fellowship for believers to give encouragement to continued witness and ministry within the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
We have four specific objectives:
- We will promote publications and other materials that clarify, especially for lay people, the concerns we share, providing biblical and theological comment, and encouraging practical and specific ideas. This originally included Channels, a magazine that was published two or three times a year until 2006 when it became an e-publication with articles archived on this website.
- We will encourage the development of programmes in the areas of prayer, intercession, small groups and evangelism. These programmes will be supportive, constructive, and positive.
- We will organize conferences, seminars, and other activities which will facilitate the long-term process of strengthening the reformed and evangelical witness within our denomination.
- We see the Renewal Fellowship as a means to contact and encourage those concerned about renewal within the Presbyterian Church in Canada. It gives us an opportunity to relate to each other and discuss the issues from time to time arising within our denomination, mutually encouraging and strengthening one another.
- Membership in The Renewal Fellowship is open to all members and adherents of The Presbyterian Church in Canada who agree with our purpose and doctrinal basis.
- In order to encourage as many as possible to become full members of the Fellowship, the annual membership fee has been set at a low $10 per year per household or $100 per congregation. Of course, if you are able to give more, we invite your donations.
- You are invited to become a member or renew your membership in the Renewal Fellowship through an online form.
- The membership of the Renewal Fellowship elects the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the work of the Fellowship.
- The members also choose a Council of Reference made up of members chosen for their wisdom, judgement, maturity, and expertise. The Council advises the Board of Directors.
- The members of the Board and Council must be communicant members in good standing of The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
We are in full agreement with the faith confessed by The Presbyterian Church in Canada in the subordinate standards of the Westminster Confession of Faith as adopted in 1875 and 1889, and in the Declaration Concerning Church and Nation of 1954, Living Faith, as well as with the standards and subscription for membership and leadership within The Presbyterian Church in Canada. In reaffirming these convictions, we wish to underline the following emphases of our biblical, evangelical and reformed faith:
- The unity of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church with is the Body of Christ and to which all believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
This document can be found here.