We are fervently praying for:
- the Lord to renew his church for authentic witness and consistent obedience.
- fresh power and authority for the local congregation through the breath of God in our structures and organizations.
- responsible participation in the courts of the church.
- a deep hunger for the teaching of the Bible and its authority.
- a recall to lives of biblical purity, especially on the part of those entrusted with leadership of the people of God.
- a zeal for reaching, through the instrumentality of a national church with a rich heritage, those lost without God and without hope in the world.
- fellowship for believers to give encouragement to continued witness and ministry within the Presbyterian Church in Canada.
We have four specific objectives:
- We will promote publications and other materials that clarify, especially for lay people, the concerns we share, providing biblical and theological comment, and encouraging practical and specific ideas. This originally included Channels, a magazine that was published two or three times a year until 2006 when it became an e-publication with articles archived on this website.
- We will encourage the development of programmes in the areas of prayer, intercession, small groups and evangelism. These programmes will be supportive, constructive, and positive.
- We will organize conferences, seminars, and other activities which will facilitate the long-term process of strengthening the reformed and evangelical witness within our denomination.
- We see the Renewal Fellowship as a means to contact and encourage those concerned about renewal within the Presbyterian Church in Canada. It gives us an opportunity to relate to each other and discuss the issues from time to time arising within our denomination, mutually encouraging and strengthening one another.